Monday, November 1, 2010

Chocolate Crinkles

Betty Crocker is my hero. Seriously... she is so much better than Martha Stewart! I received the Betty Crocker Bridal Edition cookbook for Christmas one year (no, I was not getting married at the time!!) and have since used this cookbook a million times. Every time I make something from it, delicious results ensue. Today, I was craving these little brownie imitation cookies. At only 70 calories a piece, who wouldn't?!?

Chocolate Crinkles (all credit to Betty because there's absolutely nothing to modify here)
2 cups sugar
1/2 c. canola oil
2 tsp. vanilla
4 oz unsweetened baking chocolate, melted and cooled
4 eggs
2 c. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. powdered sugar (have more just in case)

Mix the sugar, oil, vanilla and chocolate. Add the eggs one at a time. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt. Cover and refrigerate minimum 3 hours. (this is the terribly torturous part since you're already craving them and now you have to wait 3 hours... seriously??)

Ok, back business - Preheat your oven to 350.
Grease cookie sheets.
I use an ice cream scoop to drop balls into the powdered sugar and roll them around. Place them on the cookie sheet with room for some expansion. Betty says 2 inches... I think I got away with less.

Bake the little balls of deliciousness for about 10 minutes. My recipe made almost 5 dozen, Betty says she gets 6 so I'm assuming a little smaller cookie would take 8-9 minutes. Let them cool!!!! Sort of important since they really are mini brownies and will fall apart on you if you're impatient. Use a spoon if you can't resist. :)

Eat!!! Have a glass of milk ready... Betty says 70 calories, 3 g fat per cookie.

No comments:

Post a Comment