Friday, January 15, 2010

Chocolate Shortbread Cookies

Well, I decided to continue the chocolate cookbook escapades and made the chocolate shortbread cookies which were not very tasty! If you like shortbread cookies, I imagine these would be fabulous. That being said, I gave them away!! Happy baking.

Chocolate Shortbread Hearts (err... Men)
adapted from The Great Book of Chocolate

1 1/4 c. flour
1/2 c. cocoa powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 sticks room temp butter
1 1/4 c. powdered sugar

1. Sift the flour, cocoa and salt together.
2. Cream the butter and sugar
3. Add the flour to the sweetened butter.
4. Cover that delicious looking dough and chill for an hour.
5. Heat the oven to 325 degrees, roll out the dough to 1/4 inch thickness and cut with whatever cookie cutter you like. Be careful flouring the dough and the counter, it makes the cookies come out with browned flour stuck to them! I like to use two sheets of waxed paper and sandwich the dough, flip it over and rotate it until it's the proper thickness then cut and bake! You're supposed to use parchment for these... I must admit, I didn't.
6. Bake for 12 - 15 minutes, cool and eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment