Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Banana Coconut Loaf

I made this loaf to take to the Fire Station. J says the guys devoured it before dinner and it's one his new favorites. On another note, I made a double batch of these as muffins to take to a morning class. My classmates liked them but I don't think it made my top 10 muffins.

I do have to admit that frame by frame baking has become a go-to book for delicious baking. I have loved everything that I've made from there with the exception of this recipe, it's not a love but an I like a lot. What's not to like about coconut?

Banana Coconut Loaf Cake
adapted from frame by frame baking
1/3 c. canola oil
1 3/4 c. flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 c. white sugar
2/3 c. shredded coconut
2 eggs
2 ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 c. plain yogurt
1 tsp. vanilla extract
shredded, toasted coconut to garnish

1. Preheat your oven to 350 and grease a loaf pan. Run a little flour around it also just to make sure the loaf comes out with no problems.
2. Sift flour and baking powder in a large bowl.
3. Add the sugar and coconut.
4. Beat the eggs, oil, bananas, yogurt and vanilla in a separate bowl.
5. Stir into the dry ingredients until well combined. (I think this could be reversed if you did step 4 in your mixer bowl.)
6. Pour into the pan and level, bake for 1 hour.
Cool on a rack, decorate with the toasted coconut.


No comments:

Post a Comment