Thursday, February 3, 2011

Biscochitos - Sort of...

I live on the border of Mexico so there is no shortage of biscochitos here, but I thought I'd make my own. I found this very high rated recipe and thought it sounded perfect! I pulled an Emeril and spiced it up a bit:



Biscochitos
adapted from allrecipes.com
1 c. butter softened
1/2 c. powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
1 1/2 c. flour

1/2 c. powdered sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. cayenne

Preheat to 350. Grease a cookie sheet.

Cream butter and sugar. Add vanilla then dry ingredients until mixed. Form the dough into small balls and roll them in the remaining powdered sugar, cinnamon and cayenne.

Bake for 15 - 20 minutes. I baked for 16 and they were perfect! Once they are cool, I put them back in the spiced powdered sugar mix for another coating.

Enjoy!! They are so delicious!!

No comments:

Post a Comment